The taste to remember
I was really lucky, after more than 10 years staying in KL, I get to enjoy weekly home-cook food since more than 6 months ago. Nowadays, I am always looking forward to weekends despite the fact that I need to watch my weight issue.
Never realized how precious to have home-cook food, until I stayed out, alone and 300km away from home. The wonderful part is not just the tantalizing taste alone (I assume most women from my mum’s era cook well), but also the love, care and company that comes together for the entire meal. Not to mention, when you are craving for a particular dish and it appears on the dinner table the same night.
The home made “dang gui” soup I had yesterday triggered me to drop a line here. I am certainly thankful to my in-law to be and at the same time, miss how my mum used to cook for me. Thanks mums, and I hope I would be able to cook for my loved ones/kids in future. LOL!
Never realized how precious to have home-cook food, until I stayed out, alone and 300km away from home. The wonderful part is not just the tantalizing taste alone (I assume most women from my mum’s era cook well), but also the love, care and company that comes together for the entire meal. Not to mention, when you are craving for a particular dish and it appears on the dinner table the same night.
The home made “dang gui” soup I had yesterday triggered me to drop a line here. I am certainly thankful to my in-law to be and at the same time, miss how my mum used to cook for me. Thanks mums, and I hope I would be able to cook for my loved ones/kids in future. LOL!
Comments
Post a Comment